Da Vinci?s Demons (Original Television Soundtrack)

<Infinidad de series no fueran lo que son si no hubiesen tenido banda sonora.
 Por esta razón, y por que lo aprecio mucho, creo que este sector del cine se merece el más grande de todos los respetos. Y para eso mi Tema.
 Si os gusta este tipo de música espero que os guste mi Tema, y cualquier comentario será bien recibido.>
<<¡¡Sea Bienvenido!!>>

Da Vinci?s Demons

(Original Television Soundtrack)

(by Bear McMreary)

( ???)/

? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Títle: Da Vinci´s Demons
Composer/Compositor: Bear McMreary
Tipo De Banda Sonora: Score
Country/Pais: USA
Date/Año: 2013
Audio codec/Formato: MP3
Quality/Calidad: 320 kbps
N° de Tracks: 26
Playtime/Tiempo: 01:30:43
Tamaño: 206 MB

This month, my sweeping score for ?Da Vinci?s Demons? is finally unleashed upon the world, with the premiere of the series on STARZ in the United States, and the international premieres following this week. Dive right in to my epic score with the Main Title track, which is already available as a digital single from iTunes and Amazon, courtesy of my new label Sparks & Shadows. For an introduction to my work on this series, check out tonight?s spoiler-free videoblog, where I discuss my themes, instrumentation and inspiration:

?Da Vinci?s Demons? is the brainchild of writer / producer David S. Goyer, known for writing some of the most important scripts in the cinematic superhero genre.  The series is a fantastic re-telling of the young life of Leonardo Da Vinci, one of history?s most intriguing figures.  Abolishing our image of Leonardo as a wisened, wrinkled old sage, the show depicts his youth as a dashing, arrogant adventurer.  Caught between the warring nation-states of Florence and Rome, Da Vinci is swept up in a quest for the promise of ancient knowledge.
As I draft this blog entry, I am sitting at a café outside the renowned Duomo in Florence, Italy, where Da Vinci?s career began and our series takes place.  I was invited to this city to perform my original score for ?Da Vinci?s Demons,? at the series? world premiere.  My journey, figuratively back in time and literally around the world, began last year when I set out to score this utterly remarkable series.
My music for ?Da Vinci?s Demons? was meticulously researched to accurately represent the time period, without being bound to it.  I incorporated period instrumentation, melodies and arrangements with more modern colors, including string orchestra, choir, percussion and surging synthesizers.  I collaborated with the renowned Calder Quartet, who brought their unique synergy and style to my intimate string writing. I carefully layered dozens of character themes, several of which are historically accurate compositions from Leonardo?s day. Above all, I strove to bring Da Vinci?s genius to life, to draw out the mystery, emotion and tension, and to write a score worthy of these enigmatic historical figures.
As this ?eight episode movie? unfolds, I will use this blog to pull the curtain back and retrace my creative steps.

My videoblog episodes will take us along my journey through Italy, to orchestral recording sessions and show us the virtually extinct Renaissance instruments and the fascinating musicians who have dedicated their lives to learning how to play them.  We will speak with series creator David S. Goyer, the cast, the musicians and Adam Knight Gilbert, the music historian who made this strange musical world accessible to me.
My written blog entries will focus on each individual episode, walking you through the story, scene by scene, and detailing my creative process.  With this blog as a guide, you can observe the music evolve along with the drama.  Each entry, of course, will contain massive spoilers, so I recommend watching the episodes first before delving into my analysis. For the most part, however, the videoblogs will be light on spoilers until we get to the last few.

As you progress through the series, keep an ear out for cues you would like to hear on the soundtrack album, which will be coming out later this year from Sparks & Shadows.  Leave comments here on my blog and follow S&S on Twitter and Facebook, and let your voice be heard.  I?m just now starting to go through the tracks to produce the record, so let me know what catches your ear. Now is the time to get your voice heard on this.
I believe that, though the first season is only eight episodes long, my score for ?Da Vinci?s Demons? could be the most layered and complex I?ve composed yet.  I?m thrilled to finally introduce you all to this musical world. I hope you enjoy this series, its score, and the blogs, videos and album to come.  Now, with my preamble out of the way, let?s dive into the score.
?Da Vinci?s Demons? is my first historical drama, and as such, needed a slightly different approach. I wanted the score to take us back in time, to a very specific place. I began researching instruments such as the viola da gamba, violone, crumhorn, shawm, lutes, natural trumpet and hurdy gurdy.  You may have never seen or even heard these instruments before, but when they play historically accurate arrangements, with proper intervals and chord voicings, the sound is unmistakably Renaissance.  Music history buffs will probably freak out when they catch all the little Easter Eggs I?ve hidden in the score, but everyone else will at least recognize an old-world authenticity that helps them feel like they?re watching a story that takes place in the fifteenth century.

In my initial conversations with David Goyer, however, he told me specifically that he didn?t want to hear Renaissance music in this score.  He wanted a bold and stylistic approach to match the contemporary tone of the visuals and editing style.  And he was right.  Proper Renaissance music lacks the necessary tension, precisely because the timbres and chords we associate with certain cinematic emotions simply hadn?t come into practice yet.
My solution was to take the period instruments and graft them on to contemporary cinematic and classical sounds.  I started with period instruments, but framed them in newer sounds. The orchestra, string quartet, percussion and synthesis give the score weight, a bottom-heavy heft.  The Renaissance instruments suddenly sound badass in this context.  Goyer was excited by my first round of sketches and encouraged me to pursue the combination further.

Selecting instrumentation is only the first step to crafting a seuccessful score. The second is composing themes. My themes for ?Da Vinci?s Demons? are meticulously constructed to exude the qualities of the characters they represent.  The most important theme in the series is the one you hear within the first five seconds of the show starting.  It is Da Vinci?s Theme, which also functions as the Main Title:

As demonstrated in the videoblog, Leonardo?s Theme is a palindrome, inspired by the mirror writing (writing backwards and forwards) that he is famous for.  In music, this technique is an established trick called ?retrograde.?  The theme is the same when played forwards or backwards. The melodic symmetry is visible, even at a glance:

I was always fascinated by Leonardo?s mirror writing and was excited to apply this technique to music.  I was wary, however, of ending up with purely intellectual music.  Thematic retrograde is a cool idea, but pointless if it fails to draw us into Da Vinci?s world, heart and mind.

I invested the necessary time to tinker with this, and ultimately, the retrograde is constructed perfectly, but also functions emotionally.  The Forwards Theme, featuring two major chords followed by two minor chords, is heroic and strong, ideal for his moments of brilliance:

The Backwards Theme, where the minor chords precede the major, is mysterious and enigmatic, better suited for his vulnerability and self-doubt:

The series begins with the visually stunning Main Title sequence, which introduces us to the Da Vinci Theme. The first sound you hear is the Calder Quartet, arpeggiating an important pattern, the Da Vinci Ostinato:

Under normal circumstances, a fast passage with wide leaps like this would be death on string players? hands.  When you voice the chord so that each note can be played on an adjacent string, however, this becomes relatively simple.

The foundation of the ostinato is the cello part, but I frequently harmonized it in four parts with the rest of the quartet. I always made sure all the notes could be played on adjacent strings, so this fast pattern came together surprisingly quickly in recording sessions.

After four bars, the Da Vinci Forward Theme is introduced by a solo viola da gamba accompanied by lutes. The viola da gamba is a member of an early family of string instruments.  Though it physically resembles the modern cello, it is actually more accurate to think of it as a bowed lute or guitar.  A future videoblog will cover more about this unusual instrument.
After the gamba solo, the orchestral violins pick up the Da Vinci Backwards Theme, as the track expands.  The arrangement picks up energy and builds to a furious climax as the orchestra returns to the Forward Theme once more.

01. Da Vinci?s Demons (Main Title Theme) (01:06)
 02. Assassination in Milan (01:46)
 03. The Glider (02:27)
 04. Starlings (01:59)
 05. The Sons of Mithras (03:47)
 06. Flight of the Columbina (03:40)
 07. Lucrezia Donati (04:53)
 08. The Secret Archives (02:42)
09. Ben Venga Maggio (01:23)
 10. The Hidden Map (02:34)
 11. Prayer to Saint Michael (feat. Raya Yarbrough) (03:06)
 12. The Story of the Shield (01:55)
 13. A Cheval Toutes Homes a Cheval (01:38)
14. Jacopo (01:32)
 15. Vlad the Third (05:51)
 16. Miserius Omnium (01:35)
 17. Visions of Lucrezia (feat. Laura Haddock) (01:41)
 18. Treasures of the Vatican (08:01)
 19. The Lullaby (04:40)
 20. Red in the River (04:03)
 21. The Future of the Sons of Mithras (02:50)
 22. Visions and Demons (02:36)
23. The Astrolabe (03:44)
 24. The Lovers (06:41)
 25. Easter Mass (13:18)
 26. Da Vinci?s Demons End Credits (01:04)

---Y ya para despedirme amigos de Identi.li
 una buena forma de saber que lo que uno realiza está bien, es decir simplemente ?GRACIAS?... si BAJAS algo y además lo disfrutaste... nada cuesta decir gracias.... No seas tímido.... muestra tus buenos modales...
Hasta la proxima...

<a href="http://www.goear.com/files/playlist.swf?file=56ceb0b" target="_blank">[link]</a>

Da Vinci?s Demons (Original Television Soundtrack)
23 Puntos Score: 7.7/10
Visitas: 3110 Favoritos: 4
Ver los usuarios que votaron...
9 Comentarios Da Vinci?s Demons (Original Television Soundtrack)
Gracias , me gusta mucho el tema principal , junto con el de game of thrones     Y abusando no tendras el de
vampiriesire diaries  
Gracias por Comentar__si cuento con ello pero no lo subido a un servidor_si me esperas lo subire  
al rato lo bajo   gracias
Cita Ricardosky: Mostrar
Gracias tienes muy buen material  
Muchisimas gracias ! Bendiciones !
muchas gracias necesitaba estos temas
Para dejar un comentario Registrate! o.. eres ya usuario? Accede!